Fall

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Brian and I both have been swamped with school lately. Don't you love it when every test and paper seem to come at the same time? Thank you midterms, sheesh. Yesterday however I got a little glimpse of joy while in the testing center. You know when you spend hours and hours studying, and while taking the test you feel confident and quite possibly intelligent? I love that feeling. I am going to miss it once school is over. But let's be honest, I really do long for the day when I can devote most, if not all of  my attention to my hubs and family. I feel like school takes over my brain for 8-9 months, and I always have a small reminder in my head of what I need to do next, what I should be doing instead of watching a movie ect. Next semester I'm only taking 12 credits and I am definitely not taking on more hours at work. Less stress is key.

This weekend is full of studying for the three tests I have next week, then my mind needs to change gears and I need to crank out two papes. Bring it on. We dont have bad senioritis, at least not yet, which is such a gooood thing. I dont think I would get anything done if that were the case.

Oh, the other day while walking to my car I got a slight smell of fall. It was a crisp day, enough for me to grab a light jacket before heading out the door, and the smell of a few leaves was enough to lighten up my day. I love it when that happens. I got the biggest grin on my face and was brought back to Marylebone Way where so many of my "firsts" occurred. I love that house. My favorite season changes throughout the year. In the winter where there are inches and inches of snow on the ground my desired season is summer, obviously. I need warmth. After I get my fix of heat, barbeques, shorts and popsicles I am ready for the weather to cool a bit allowing me to wear my scarves and boots. Plus its the time for fall candles, pumpkins, warm home-cooked meals and we might as well throw a birthday somewhere in the mix. I often remind myself that this is the last time I will be in Utah during the fall. I dont know if Brian and I will ever be back here, probably not the more I think of it. My goal this year is to enjoy each. and. every. day that comes, even the cold and wet ones. Okay, that could get difficult.

0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP