Things To Remember
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
The past few days have been a whirlwind for me. I remember them begin that way when Ava's first arrived home, but not nearly as crazy as with Olivia. I guess thats what happens when you throw a toddler in the mix of having a new babe. I've been jotting down the little bits and pieces of my days, hoping to not forget the small, yet important details .
To give a glimpse as to what my days have looked like lately, here are some of the moments I've jotted down:
- Ava always comes up to Olivia and always wants to give her tickles
- Today, (9/7/13) Ava fed Olivia a bottle. It was one of those moments where time stood still for me. Ava was mesmerized as she watched her baby sister suck on the bottle that she wa giving her. She kept asking "all done?" and looking at me with worried eyes. I reassured her that she was doing so good and that Olivia was still hungry. She then moved her eyes back to Olivia and continued to study her every movement. When it was time to burp her, she gladly took on that responsibility as well, moving my hand away and gently patting her back. What a little momma!
- When Ava hears Olivia stirring in her crib, she runs into her room a fast as she can and climbs up on the crib to get a better view of her new little sis. I love to listen to what she says to her. Sometimes she consoles her: "It's okay, baby". Other times she greets her with a warm hello, "hi, baby!". It is the cutest thing. She really has taken to her quite well.
- Olivia loves to kick her legs. Whenever she is fussy, but you know she has a clean diaper and full belly, rubbing we feet will usually do the trick.
- Olivia has a very distinct shriek that she uses to get someones attention. I'm in for it in a couple of months when she realizes this.
- Livvy loves to try and suck her fingers. I am battling with her on this one. I'll try and subsitute the binki for the fingers.
- Every once and awhile you will catch her grinning in her sleep.
We are feeling so blessed to have each one of our days filled with moments like these. I just can't imagine life getting much better than this!
0 little notes:
Post a Comment