Outnumbered and Surviving

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Today was one of those days where I looked around my house, and felt completely overwhelmed. When did laundry start to pile up this fast? Why couldn't someone unload the dishwasher instead of putting all their dishes in the sink? The house needed vacuuming. A little dusting wouldn't hurt either. Add the responsibilities I have as a mother of two on top of that. Yes, I was a bit overwhelmed.

Although I am a person who loves a clean house and won't settle to living a life in the grunge, I have learned to let a few things go in order to be a better mom. I will put off the dusting until tonight when the girls are asleep so that I can focus on Ava and read her that favorite book. I'll do the same with the vacuuming so that I can spend a little extra time on the couch studying Liv's little features and coo at her a bit more.

My day to day lately can be defined as hectic, chaotic, and without schedule. I am still trying to get in the groove of this mother-of-two thing. I seem to conquer the needs of one child, only to find that the other one needs me for something completely different. Ava needs a snack. Olivia needs a diaper change. Ava wants you to read her a book. Olivia needs to eat. It goes on and on. 

These are all very typical things that I knew my days would consist of. I love that they need me, and that I am able to stay home with them each day. I am blessed with this life. I do know that. But I can't help but feel so out of place, in survival mode. I am a juggler in a circus act. , who moves unbelievably slow from place to place due to

I look forward to the days when we have more of a schedule. And when I say schedule, I am only thinking about nap time happening for both girls. At the same time.

Because this mama needs some rest.


0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP