Moving On.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

College has been real. Its been a blast and so many memories have been made during the past 4 years here in Provo. Gosh, I'm going to miss it. The past two years especially have been a drag with school, I have hated every step in the graduating process, but the people I will miss terribly.

I should be packing my life away right now into hundreds and hundreds of boxes to prepare for this weekend, but instead I am sitting here on my computer going through tons and tons of pictures. Oh the memories. Why is this so hard for me right now? I have experienced tons of moves before. Sure they are hard at first, but they are so full of adventure and down the road they are so worth it. I am so excited for this step forward for us, but in order to step forward I have to leave things behind. That's a part of life, I realize, and so today I am just trying to slow life down a bit and treasure those precious things that I will miss most.

What are those things I am going to miss most? I'm going to miss seeing the Good Women of 2111 whenever I want. I wont be able to join in roommate dinners anymore and reminisce of the good E Richards days. I had my last (at least for a good while) roommate dinner with the girls the other night, and I dreaded saying goodbye. I'm going to miss my lunch dates with Nikki girl. I already miss not living with her and her quirky personality. It seems like every year we get farther and farther apart. I'm going to miss having family so close. Right now Brian and I live 5 minutes, if that, from his brother and sister. I think I take advantage of that. We have no family in Lubbock, absolutely none. Maybe that will be a good thing for us in the first couple of months. This is an adventure for just Brian and I (and our little lady). We have nobody else, we just have each other. It will be a good experience for both of us, but I know we are going to miss out on so many family outings because of distance. I think thats going to be the hardest part.

I'll miss living in a place so rich with the gospel. I know that the chruch is the same no matter where around the world I go to, but the fact that I can't go to Salt Lake City to attend conference twice a year if I wanted to, or attend a university where the church standards are inforced and weekly devotionals are given, sometimes even by members of the 12 apostles. I am going to miss that aspect of Utah. I'll miss our ward. We are in such a great ward right now. Everyone is so friendly, and there are so many young couples that invite Brian and I to do so many things. We have a wonderful Relief Society Presidency (I seriously love them to pieces), not to mention some of the cutest little nursery kids that still remember Brian and I as being their teachers.

I will miss all of these things, but it makes me so excited to find out what we have in store for us in Lubbock. I will have updates for you all on our trip and the moving process.

So many emotions today, goodness. Regardless, I've got to get back to packing...

3 little notes:

The Summers said...

I seriously got teary eyed when I read this. We will miss you guys tons!

Unknown said...

How exciting and sad at the same time! Good luck with everything! Enjoy every minute not working for pinnacle anymore ;) hahaha

Brea said...

oh my dear... I wish I could tell you this will be easy, but I would be lying! At least you have something I don't have... you can drive home if you need to! I live in the middle of the Pacific! :)
Honestly though- this will be the best thing for you little family! You will learn so much more about each other and be able to fully rely on one another more than you ever have before! You will love and appreciate the strength you and Brian will develop as a couple. It's the best feeling in the world. :) Have fun! Can't wait to see pictures of you place when you're all settled.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP