Chaser,

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What a wonderful brother you have been to me over the past 19 years. I think of you as one of my best friends and I am so glad to be called your sister. Believe it or not I remember the day you were born. I vaguely remember seeing Mom in the hospital bed and sitting up there with her shortly after you were born. There is a picture of me sitting on Dad's lap while he held all 7 pounds 7 ounces of you, and we are both looking down at your cute little face. It was Father's day and Dad always says how you were the best present he has ever received on that day.

I remember all of your birthdays and I look back and I am amazed at what a cute little boy you were. You had the cutest little facial expressions and you were such a cuddle bug. You could entertain yourself for hours, but you were such a great playmate at the same time. Remember all the forts we would build? I found out how to hang the blankets by the closet doors, and we would use pillows to mark our pathways. I miss that. Also, remember that hideout we found in the hallway closet? I remember we were both hiding there one day and mom was looking for us. When we heard her voice get closer, we both jumped out and scared her half to death. Oh man we laughed so hard at that.

Remember how we loved to watch the disney channel and after we saw the movie "Brink" we decided that we were going to be great roller bladers? We set up our own coarse in the driveway to practice on. Remember how on every christmas eve we would go to bed around 7, just so that we could morning would come faster? We would both sleep on the bottom bunk and try so hard to go to sleep, but we couldn't because grandma and grandpa were there and stayed up late talking with mom and dad, and that they were all so LOUD. Haha, so instead we turned on that little black tv of yours and watched The Christmas Story marathon all night?

Remember swinging on that swingset in the backyard on Marylebone and picking a bunch of raspberries off of those vines and then just sit and swing until we ate them all, then go pick a handful more? Remember every winter how we would go sit in the hot tub and then dare each other to go run around the yard in the snow and then make a snow angel before jumping back in. Oh, our skin would burn as we got back in the tub. Also, remember how we would shovel all those paths in the deep snow and how we built a fort out there? Remember the huge snowmen we would build each year?

Remember how you would stare outside of the front windows when you were little and tell mom how you dreamed of becoming a garbage truck driver? You would be out there every week to watch them pick up our garbage, without fail. Remember waking up each morning watching rugrats? Dad would carry us both out to the front room, turn on that show and get us ready for the day. Remember teaming up against Colin when we were little and how we would beat him in wrestling matches?

We had a great childhood. I could go on and on. This list makes me want to be a kid again, even if its just for one more day. We have both grown now and are living the lives we are supposed to live. I think mom and dad are both proud of the decisions we have made and I am so glad to be so close to you. You are such an amazing guy and I can't wait to see what life has in store for you. You deserve all the best in the world. Happy Birthday. 19 years ago you completed our family, and I am so grateful that you did.

Love you,
Sissy

0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP