Old Pictures.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

While watching General Conference today, the talk by Russell M. Nelson really got me thinking. He talked about family, and the importance of generations and our ancestors. Well, this past weekend as I traveled to Boise I was able to gather a bunch of old family pictures. As I sat looking at all of the people in the photographs, I was reminded of the bigger picture; the true joys of life.

I often get caught up in the constant grind of life. Schedules, tests, work, homework; its a constant cycle and I often lose track of what it really improtant. This past weekend was so good for me. It was good for my soul in a way to get out of the stressful and demanding college town that we live in, and just escape.
That trip helped me grow a deeper and stronger love for my ancestors and for the family I have around me. I look forward to doing some family research of my own and uncovering the past, finding out about the people who I have come after.
I thought I would share some of these priceless pictures:

Here is a collage of pictures I found of my Great Grandma Cooper. Now, wasn't she just the cutest little girl? I want my daughter to be a mini version of her. I remember visiting Grandma in her little apartment when I was younger. She would have me sit there on her lap with her and we would just talk and talk. I could have stayed there with her for hours. I honestly thought that she never slept in her bed because it was always so perfectly made. Later I learned that she was just a very very tidy lady. So tidy in fact, we consider ourselves to have the "Grandma Cooper Gene" if we are even remotely as tidy as she was. Gosh, I miss her. (..and really hope people consider me to have that gene)

P.S. Grandma Cooper always had a purple room in her home, which is exactly why I put in a purple background. What a classy lady she was. :)

I saw this picture for the very first time this past weekend. I think it is now my favorite. This is a picture of my Grandma LaWana and all of her children at my Uncle Kevin's wedding. Doesn't she look wonderful? Thats my mom (with the blonde hair) standing next to my Aunt Sondra there in the green dress with the flowers in the hair (haha), and by my grandma is my Uncle Kirt. What a handsome little man he was. Oh, how I love these people!

Gosh, these pictures are great.

1 little notes:

MommaArch said...

I'd say you have inherited the "Grandma Cooper Gene". I on the other hand did not:( but I love her just the same:) She was great!!! Hope she doesn't cringe when she peeks in on me on my messy house:)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP