My Grandma LaWana
Monday, August 11, 2008
So tonight I was looking at my cousin Emily’s blog, and ironically a song began to play that brought tears to my eyes. It’s an older song that many of you may know titled “Holes in the Floor of Heaven”.
This past weekend as I traveled to
As we traveled to Shoshone (where she is buried) my mom began reading entries from her journal. What an amazing woman. I am not surprised to see why so many people grew to love and admire her. Her life was full of service to those around her, full of love and adoration to her children and all those she came in contact with. I miss my Grandma LaWana so much and I know that she is always there for me through thick and thin. I’m sure she is keeping close tabs on all of her children and grandchildren through the “holes in the floor of heaven”. She truly is one of my heroes, and I have such a special place for her in my heart.
I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have, regarding life after death. I know that I will be able to see my grandmother again after my life here on this earth is through. I know that families are forever, and boy am I grateful for that!
2 little notes:
The first time I heard that song I cried because it reminded me so much of her. I have a few memories of her and I cheris each and every one of them. Even though she's gone from this earthly life I (like you) have always felt a very strong, special and divine bond with her. I always knew, for as long as I can remember, that I wanted to name one of my children after her and I hoped that they would be worthy to carry it on. Addison was of course the lucky one and I pray everday she'll live up to the legacy Grandma left us all. I know she's never very far away. She really does peek through the holes in heavens floor (more than we know I think). I wish we could peek through the other way and get a glimpse of her every so often. Thanks for sharing your precious thoughts. We'll have to talk sometime. I'm teary right now just writing about her.
Emily-
I dont know if you will ever end up reading this comment, but tonight I listened to this song again after re-reading this post. Thank you so much for allowing me to wear grandma's dress on my wedding day. That was the best present I could have received that day. I love you so much and am so grateful for you and your wonderful family. I'm so blessed to call you all family :)
Post a Comment