Dallas [road trip!]
Friday, August 3, 2012
We've been living life "on a whim" the past couple of week it seems. That is the joy of summer I suppose. There is no set schedule or a check-list to get marked off when daddy is home and able to play. We have taken advantage of this no-schedule thing. I think we've gone to the pool as many times as we could each week, went on numerous trips to the park, slept in (Ava too, thankfully). When we have an idea in our head, we can usually go do that activity right then and now. Even crazy ideas, like a last minute road trip.
Brian and I talked about it Tuesday night, and took off Wednesday morning. (It reminded me of my freshman year in college. My roommates and I planned a last minute trip to California [to california!] as a much needed escape from all the drama that came as a college freshman, times six). This time around, there was no drama that caused our need to escape. Instead, it was something a little more domestic. We sought out a dresser, for Ava's room. It sounds silly, I know. But when I have my heart set on something, nothing else will compare. (Brian found this out during the dating scene when wedding ring shopping came around. He was well aware of what he was getting himself into. Bless him). The dresser I loved was from Ikea and the closest Ikea to us is in Dallas. So Dallas it was!
We took advantage of this opportunity and hit the The JFK Memorial, the Dallas Zoo, ate at The Cheesecake Factory and P.F Changs (two of our favorite places to eat. Hopefully Lubbock will pick up the pace sooner or later). We also were able to hang out with one of Brian's old roommates. who currently lives there while his wife is doing an internship over the summer. Win win!
We had so much fun! Besides leaving Ava's favorite blanket behind and actually not getting the dresser we wanted since they were out of stock (which, by the way, is not what it said online), the trip was a success. Perfect way to end our summer, in my book.
Now lets hope the transition into school goes well for all of us. Not having dad to play with all the time is going to take some time to get used to.
0 little notes:
Post a Comment