Picnic At The Park

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Brian and I currently have just one car. It is rough some days, since there are no decent parks in walking distance from our house. Ava is usually asleep when Brian leaves for work, making the option of dropping him off slim to none.

Well, today was different. Ava was wide awake and her chipper little self much earlier than usual. So, we drove daddy to school this morning. As we were driving, I was planning the perfect day in my head, just Ava and I. The plan: a picnic at the park.

We played with toys and read books like usual before her morning nap. She took a 2 hour nap, during which I packed the picnic basket with all of Ava's favorite treats [a banana, fruit snacks, a few chips, capri sun, crackers and a turkey sandwich]. We were out the door by 12:30. The weather was a little windy, but it didn't stop us from having a great day together.

Ava was a little too distracted by the playground to eat a decent lunch, so she had a few bites of everything, then off she went. There was another girl her age there who was also fairly new to walking.  Ava, being the social butterfly she is followed her everywhere.

She is a hoot.


0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP