Christmas 2011

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

We spent Christmas this year with Brian's family in Flagstaff, Arizona. It was so nice to get out of Lubbock for a while and enjoy time with family. It is crazy how we went from seeing Sam/Heather and Emily/Nate nearly every weekend to not at all!

The plan was to drive to Arizona. I was nervous about the trip for weeks in advance, and for good reason. For those who don't know, Ava hates her carseat. She hates/loathes/despises it. The moment we put her in she cries. I guess I can't blame her. The picture I was creating in my head of our future trip was obviously not a good one, and only got worse as the trip drew closer. Turns out that there was a major storm coming down from Colorado and on its way to northern New Mexico. Our routes were altered and hours in the car added. Great. Can you tell I probably wasn't the happiest of travelers?

The little miss surprised us all. For the most part, she was a great travel buddy. I was the problem. I guess 12 hours in the car brings out the crankiness in me. Who knew? I made Brian promise me that we never had to do this trip in one day ever again. He agreed.

We (finally) made it to Flagstaff around 11 that night and after a few warm hugs and sweet reunions we headed straight to bed.

The holiday was spent eating tons of food, laughing over numerous games as a family and a few last shopping trips here and there. I do have to say, Christmas is so much sweeter when you have a little one. Although Ava didn't know what to think of everything, it was so fun to imagine what is in store for us next year. She got spoiled nonetheless. Everything from clothes, (noisy) toys, a new high-chair and some great reads. I think she is set. That is, until June where she will be showered with another load of noisy toys, I'm sure.

Ava also had another interaction with snow while were were there. Cutie bug.



I admit though, I was glad to head back to Texas where we are now snow free. Love that.

0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP