rolling & snuggling
Thursday, October 20, 2011
I have been blessed with a little girl who sleeps throughout the night. Seriously, she does to bed by 6:30pm (if not earlier) and wakes up between 7 or 8 each morning. Like I said, we are blessed.
Even with all this sleep at night, baby girl still needs her naps during the day (and so do I). The only problem we're really facing right now is that she rolls over from her belly to back (yes, she is a tummy sleeper. she will NOT go to bed on her back, no matter how hard we try.) When she does this, she is wide awake. ughhh. Sometimes all we need to do is roll her back over, stick in the binki and she is good to go. Sometimes.
That was not the case this morning. She was rolling every chance she got and would not let her momma catch any more shut eye (on her birthday, nonetheless). Since I have still refused to get up and going for the day, we are both having a great time in mommy and daddy's bed. I am allowing myself to be lazy and wake up slowly.
I am loving today. Snuggling with my little bug is the best way to start off this birthday. I sure do love being her momma :)

3 little notes:
Being a mom is seriously the best. I bet you are a great mom, Ariel! I think being patient is one of the hardest things! Gosh I can't wait until Charlotte sleeps like that! She's been sleeping from 12-7am, but having her go to bed earlier would be great! Did you do BabyWise or anything like that, or did she just do it on her own?
Thanks, Helen! I know youare. fabulous mama :) Little Charlotte is adorable!! I wish we lived closer so we could set up play dates!
As for Ava sleeping, it all happened on our own. She was going to bed around 9-9:30 originally, but heard that if they go to bed earlier they will actually sleep longer throughout the night (unlike what most parents, including me at the time, think). We slowly pushed for an earlier bed time by starting the nightly routine earlier, and it has worked wonders for us!
This happened to us! Henry sleeps really well, too, and for about a month we dealt with him rolling over to his back (he's a tummy sleeper too) and we'd have to go in all the time to roll him over. Eventually he got so good at it that he would do it constantly! I was SO tired from getting up at night, and he just didn't learn to roll back over! Finally I just stopped and let him cry. It was so frustrating and I needed my sleep. After 1 or 2 nights, he learned how to sleep on his back, too. And shortly after he learned how to roll from his back to his tummy, so I NEVER went in after that. I'm a huge advocate of letting the babies figure it out, but I admit I was lenient a bunch of times. Now, I'm ruthless. :) And he's very independent because of it. That can be a good thing or a bad thing, but for us it worked out best. Good luck!!!
I just read your comment and that's what we did for Henry! Well, kind of. One night at 4 weeks, he was tired around 7:00. I put him to bed thinking that he'd be up in like 4 hours. He slept all the way till 7 in the morning! After that day, I knew he could sleep through the night so I NEVER went in to get him in the night. We pushed his bedtime back a little each night and now he goes to bed around 5:30 - 6:00 and wakes up at 6:30. I would put him to bed later to wake up later, but the 6:30 "alarm" is perfect for our lifestyle. Anyway, I'm so happy to see someone else so gung-ho about sleep!! :) Too often I see parents who don't take it seriously and their babies are unhappy and not good. Henry STILL takes 2 naps a day! And he's the happiest kid I know! I bet Ava is too. :)
Post a Comment