moved & [slowly] settling
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Yes, we're here, I still can't believe it. Lubbock has treated us well so far, and I think it will be a nice home for my little family for the next two + years. We've done a lot of exploring, including making way too many Walmart runs for my liking, and its slowly starting to grow on me (they have three Schlotzsky's Deli locations here, which is my faaavorite!).
Our new home is slowly being put together, one room at a time. The duplex was filthy when we first arrived, and even after help from my mom and dad, I am still in the process of cleaning. Today I managed to clean our front bathroom (also known as the guest/ava's bathroom). Tomorrow I'll tackle the guest room. What would I do without pine sol and mr. clean magic erasers? Once the house is somewhat in order I will post pictures. On the rate I'm going, it will be sometime next month, ha!
Here are some pictures we took before the trip. It was a challenge to see if we could fit everything into the Uhaul trailer + back of my dad's truck. We soon realized that we have a lot of stuff. How we managed to fit it all into that small apartment of ours is beyond me. We definitely looked like the Griswalds driving down here, but made some priceless memories during the process!
P. S. Brian and I, once again, are so overwelmed by all the service and support we have received with this move. We can't thank everyone enough!
1 little notes:
i want to see pictures of your place! and i want more ava pictures. i bet she looks completely different since the last time i saw her!!!
glad you're there safe!
Post a Comment