Graduation.
Monday, April 25, 2011
This past weekend Brian and I both proudly graduated from Brigham Young University.
As I look back, it doesn't seem possible that I have lived in this college town for four years. It seems like just yesterday I was living up my freshman year in Heritage Halls with my six Good Women. Then again, I remember days full of constant studying, trekking up the dreaded stairs near the Smith Fieldhouse, and entering the testing center more times than I would have liked.
Both of our families gathered to celebrate this wonderful occassion with us, which we were so grateful for. Thursday evening was the Commencement Ceremony where all of the graduates from BYU came together to hear Elder Richard G. Scott speak in the Marriott Center . Little did I know that my very own freshman roommate, Paige was going to be addressing the student body as well. She did such a great job, and does not cease to impress me with all of her achievements.
Afterwards we all went out to eat at Macaroni Grill. It was nice to go there and not have to have Brian be the one waiting on us. I also think he was a bit proud to show everyone where he worked. The food was delicious and the company was wonderful. We really do have such wonderful family members.
Friday morning at eleven was the Convocation Ceremony for the Life Sciences department. When our turn finally came to walk across the stage, you could hear
"Ariel Nielsen Fisher walking with her husband, Brian Matthew Fisher (Cum Laude and Phi Kappa Phi)"
anncounced throughout the Marriott Center. I could hear my dad shouting all the way up in the stands, and knew that he had been waiting for that moment for quite some time. I am amazed at how supportive both of my parents have been with me getting my education. I could not have done it without both of them, and of course Brian helping me through those stressful nights.
We are now both enjoying our new found freedom. We now seem to just be playing the waiting game for July to get here so we can start our new adventure down in Texas with a newborn in tow!
0 little notes:
Post a Comment