four whole years
Monday, April 18, 2011
The hubs and I are done. We're checked out of BYU for good. What a feeling! Although we will never stop being Cougars, we are both thrilled to never have to be students there ever again. We never have to fight for parking in the limited parking spaces available, walk up those dreaded stairs, enter the testing center...ever again. My last final was schedueld tonight at 5:45, and I was a free woman by 6:50.
My mom asked us last weekend if we were going to be sad to leave this place. In the midst of studying for finals Brian and I immediately answered "nope!" Now that I am done and am able to reflect on the past four years of my life, I know I will miss it. I will not miss the stress or the constant grind of school itself, but the atmosphere, the memories, and the feeling of acomplishment that I gained while at this wonderful university...yes, I will miss it.
It wont be just BYU that I will miss. I will miss Utah, believe it or not. I met some of my best friends here. The Good Women of 2111 - the best group of girls I could have had as my roommates. Even though we no longer live together in our humble E Richards abode, its been fun to at least live in the same town and watch each other grow, develop, even marry and start families of our own.
As our fourth year of college comes to a close, three of the six of us will be scattered all over the place. Kaitlyn is in California, Paige and her cute family will be off to Italy for graduate school (how cool is that?), and Bri and I will be on our way to Texas either in late July or mid-August. Our monthly good women dinners will unfortnately come to a halt for me. (hopefully the pact we made way back when will stay true?)
Being in Utah also allowed me to meet my absolute best friend, my husband. I took on the title of wife nearly two years ago, and will soon take on the title of mom. This is the place where Bri and I found out that we were going to be parents, and our baby girl will be born just weeks before we move.
Yes Utah, you do have a special place in my heart.
Now if only my husband would come home from work so we can start celebrating. We can stay up late tonight - no work for either of us tomorrow! I do have a pregnancy massage to get to though, which I am so giddy about. What a great way to start off my summer!
Farewell BYU, its been a great 4 years.
0 little notes:
Post a Comment