What. A. Week.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ahhh yes, we are back from our trip to California/Washington. I want to go back. I miss waking up knowing I am at the happiest place on earth. I also miss a certain Waltman boy waking me up by putting his face against mine and saying in the cutest raspy voice "Arieo...its time to get up". Oh, I miss it.

We left on Sunday morning bright and early. It took us nearly 12 hours to get down there, oh. my. heck. Traffic was awful. I was seriously wondering if we should turn around and drive back to vegas and catch a flight to LA. It was a looong drive but we made it and it was SO worth it!

Monday and Tuesday were spent at Disneyland and California Adventure. Disneyland was by far my favorite, its such a classic. We rode nearly every ride, including all the kiddo rides (peter pan, mr. toad's wild ride, snow white ect.) Ahh..so many memories were brought back to my mind of being there with my family when I was a kid. My favorite ride? Splash mountain for sure -- which we rode a total of three times. Bri's was probably California Screamin'. That boy is a sucker for roller coasters.

Brian's face cracks me up.
tower of terror
Wednesday we drove up to Universal Studios and enjoyed a little more relaxed day. Our favorite part was going on a tour where they take you to a bunch of different sets and show you were certain movies/shows were filmed. Its amazing how producers can utilize such a small space to house a whole movie. There are also so many special effects that they showed us. We saw places where Nacho Libre was filmed, Rodgers & Hammerstein's Psycho, along with The Grinch, Desperate Housewives and War of the Worlds. It was so cool.
war of the worlds
psycho
Wednesday night we stayed at the scariest hotel EVER. Oh my heck, I thought I was going to die. It was in a very sketch part of town, where all the windows were barred. There was a bullet hole in Sam and Heather's window, and someone was loaded in to an ambulence across the street. I think their face was covered with the sheets, but Brian tends to disagree with me on this one. I think I'm right, plus it makes the story that much more frightening. Yes, I'm going with that version. THEN there were cops on our floor trying to question someone also staying there at the hotel. I was freaked out. Luckily it was only for one night. Heather and I are both glad thats over with, whew.

Thursday was our free day where we went to Santa Monica. We went to the 3rd Street Prominade and took a walk down on Ocean Avenue to the beach. I loved it. It reminded me of Grey's Anatomy. We ate at Chipotle for lunch which is delicious, oh my. I was in heaven. Sam and Heather then dropped Bri and I off at the airport and off we went to Seattle!
I love it when my family all gets together. I think that is one of my favorite parts of life, my family. I got to meet Mr. Isaac and held and cuddled him alllll weekend, it was wonderful. I can't wait to be a mommy someday. I made sure Brian got his fix of holding Isaac as well, just to push the baby idea on him. I think it worked.

On Sunday morning one of the sisters in my home ward came over to take family pictures for us before Chase's talk. She is an amazing photographer and is currently writing a book about The Strippling Warriors and their mothers. She calls it The Strippling Warrior Project. She is focusing on missionaies and how their mothers have influenced them throughout their life, its such a great idea. She was also there for Chase opening his call to snap some shots for her book (click that link and scroll down a bit to see the pictures). Jolie took so many cute pictures of the boys and their future missionary badges, I can't wait to see them all.
Isaac in his tie and tag
such studs.
Dad & Chaser

Chase did such a great job on his talk. Its going to be interesting to see how much he is going ot learn and grow. As I was in the computer room I saw that he had made flash cards of certain scriptures he was trying to memorize. He is going to make such a great missionary! I can't wait to hear the stories he tells us, and about the culture and people he meets. Ahh, I had to say goodbye to him on Monday. That was so hard. I cried and cried afterwards, but I know he is going where he is needed. He has been taught to go on a  mission ever since he was a young boy, and I wouldn't want him to miss out on his experience.

It was an amazing week. I am thankful Brian and I were able to afford to take such a great vacation before school starts, and that I was able to hear my baby brother give such a wonderful missionary farewell talk. Life gives us so many sweet blessings.

Oh, and P.S. Brian has three interviews scheduled so far, two in Texas and one in Arizona. He leaves for Texas in the morning! Keep him in your prayers!

0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP