Sundays

Sunday, August 29, 2010

I'm in such a good mood today, I'm loving it. My husband, music and Sundays are good to me. I have been filled with great music all morning while getting ready for church and am in such great spirits. I am excited to be back in our ward and to hear the words of the speakers, now that I thankfully am not one of them  :) Brian and I are trying to take in today and enjoy every moment we have of it since it is our last day of freedom if you will. School starts tomorrow and even though I am excited to get back to a more set schedule, I know that feeling is going to fade away in oh, probably a week. Sam, Heather, Emily & Nathan are coming over tonight for dinner and games, and I think that is going to be the perfect way to spend our last summer night, with those we love. Sundays are such wonderful days, and I am so grateful that I have family to share them with.

The amazing thing is, I started writing this post before I went to church today. Now that I am back, I sit down and what I said earlier means so much more now than it did a few hours ago. Church was unbelievable today, specifically the third hour. We had a combined meeting with the Relief Society and Priesthood, and six families were asked to share their favorite hymn. Each of them gave a little history about how the song came about, and why it was their favorite. We than all sang the hymn together. Music really does bring the spirit into your heart so promptly and in such a unique way. Some of the songs shared today include: O My Father, God Be With You Till We Meet Again, and I Am A Child of God. So many thoughts crossed my mind during that hour; how I am going to miss my little brother so much as he leaves for two years, how my dad and I would sing songs in the morning together as we were driving in the car, and how one of those was "I am a Child of God", how we probably sang a song similar to God Be With You Till We Meet Again at our our Father's feet before we came down to this earth. An overview of my life so far was flashing through my mind as I sang "O My Father". I know I am where I am supposed to be in life, and that I am spending it with the man I am supposed to be with. Brian is so good to me and will make me into such a better person throughout the years. I am so grateful for him. I have been reassured today, and I have been reminded that all the little finicky things in life really don;t matter. I've seen the bigger picture today, and it was refreshing.

Oh, I can't get over how great today was. I should probably go and make some yummy lasagna for our dinner tonight. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!

ta-ta for now.

0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP