Chilly.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I walked on campus today and I could see my breath. Thats right, it was 42 degrees today in Provo. Yesterday was nearly 80 degrees, may I remind you. My nose was bit by the chill in the air, and my cheeks were truly rosy. I nearly froze my buns off. I moved my legs as fast as they would go from building to building, trying to reach the warmth each one on campus promised. Does this mean that its going to be a bad winter? Lets hope not…

Despite the sudden cold, I am excited for the fall season; leaves crunching beneath your feet, college football games, being able to wear cute jackets and scarves. Oh man. Oh and a big plus is that its my birthday soon, yay!

Today has put me in a very different mood, a happy one. I think the crisp in the air reminds me of the holidays and how I will be surrounded by my wonderful family again in a few short months. I sure do love my family. I cant even describe the deep bonds I have with each and every member of my family, extended and all. My heart aches to see them again and celebrate the joys of the season. I want to let them all know how appreciative I am of them and all they do for Brian and I.

Another reason I’m so happy is because today at work I listened to an old recorded call, that had Christmas music playing in the background. Christmas music plus this cold weather, makes me long to be home enjoying the Christmas treats without the stresses of school. Brian is a stickler about not listening to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving, but every year I find myself sneaking in a song or two and he always shakes his head at me. I can’t help it! I LOVE Christmas music. When I was little my mom would blast the Christmas music throughout the house as we decorated the house for the wonderful upcoming season. Its her fault, but I love her for it.

Even though Brian is a stickler, I still love the guy and can’t wait to share the holidays with him. It will be so wonderful! We were talking about that the other night, the fun we will have with our children during future Christmas mornings. Seeing their reactions to the gifts they receive, teaching them about Christ and His birth. We have so many exciting things to look forward to in our lives. My goodness, life is so good right now!

I think tonight calls for a good warm meal of stew and scones, doesn’t that sound just WONDERFUL? I think so, and so does Brian. Its settled. At least this cold weather means we can start using our cute little fireplace :)

Long overdue pictures of our little place are coming soon...I promise.

0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP