Manti.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Yesterday, Brian and I went down to Manti, Utah to watch the Mormon Miracle Pageant there outside the Manti Temple. I have never seen one of the pageants before, so I was pretty excited to be there among all the hustle and bustle of things. The temple there is absolutely breath-taking. I couldn't stop staring at it and its beautiful architecture, or stop thinking about the dedication and sacirfice that was given by the early Saints for the sole purpose of constructing such a sacred building for the Lord. My mind started rewinding all the years, and picturing what it was like back then. I have reciently started reading The Work and the Glory series, and have found myself always thinking of what life was like back then. (why I have never read the series before, I don't know)

While waiting for the event to start, Brian and I saw a little more than what we were expecting to see.
Number 1: we saw this:

(I know each of you enjoyed that)

Number 2: Brian got caught in a friendly discussion with one of the proselyters there. It was interesting for me to hear his interpretations on certain biblical principals and what he believes in life. For the first time, I was able to get a quick glimpse as to what Brian was like as a missionary. I loved it.

We also were able to walk around and get some delicious food. I'm not kidding you guys...these were the most delicious treats ever. (and surprisingly cheap)
Mmm....scones and honey butter.

All in all, we had a great time people watching, stuffing our faces, and cuddling on a blanket while watching a great pageant.

2 little notes:

Stacey said...

Hey Ryan and I went to the pageant when we first started dating... good times!

MommaArch said...

LOVED the plummer bumm!!! LOVED IT! Thanks for sharing:) See you next week!!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP