Bridal Weekend.

Monday, June 15, 2009

This past weekend I was able to fly home to Seattle to spend time with family and friends. This was my last trip up there before the big day, so we were able to get a lot of last minute things finished. My mom and I drove down to Portland on Friday, (which happened to be her birthday) and met with the woman who is going to do my hair and make up for the wedding. We did a trial run with her and I think everything turned out beautifully.
Here I am, getting all dolled up.
There are some things I’m going to change about my make up, but everything else was perfect. We then took my bridal pictures with a photographer from Yuen Lui. She was the weirdest photographer I have ever had. She had us take some weird photos and she kept talking to us about how if she was to get married again she would want to do a halloween wedding. A very whimsicle wedding with skeletons and all the guests dressed up in costumes. It was very strange. I’m just grateful she isn’t the one taking pictures on the big day. Whew!

After the pictures were taken, Mom and I then drove to the Portland Temple to see what it looked like in person. I was blown away, it was absolutely breathtaking. Being there made me so incredibly anxious and I just wished Brian could have been there with me. After that we drove back to Seattle, which seemed like the longest drive of my life. We went out to eat in celebration of Mom’s birthday to our favorite place, Ranchero Grande. It was so delicious, as always. :)

Oh la-la :)

That next day I was able to attend 2 bridal showers of mine. They were so fun! The first one was with women in my home ward. It was thrown by my young women’s leader, Lori Krueger. We played games, ate breakfast and just enjoyed each others company. I opened so many gifts that morning. It was so fun to do so and see what all was given to us in order to decorate our new cute little apartment.





The second shower was with my old soccer team, X-treme 16. It was more of a reunion for everyone, which I just loved. I haven’t seen these girls in about 2 or so years, so seeing us all together again was such a treat.
I just love getting together with old friends :)

I am so grateful for all that my family and friends have done for me with this whole wedding, and supporting me with this decision, even though some of them don’t understand why I’m getting married so young. I have been so blessed with the people in my life and look forward to seeing and celebrating with them in just a few weeks…

0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP