Rain.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Its a very rainy day here in Provo, or should I now consider it Orem? As I was driving around town today it hit me just how beautiful this part of the country is. It truly is beautiful. The mountains are massive and tower over this quaint little town, and in the evening when the sun hits them while setting, they are simply breath-taking. As driving I couldn't help but be reminded of the primary song I used to sing almost every Sunday as a child, "When I am Baptized".
I like to look for rainbows when ever there is rain.
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as Earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can, and live with God again.
I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away,
and I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
I want my life to be as clean as Earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can, and live with God again.
Today, although gloomy and wet really touched me with how important it is to continue living a clean life, and using the Atonement to keep myself clean from sin. I love how such tender mercies such as this one can touch my heart so deep inside and remind me of how important such an elementary principal is in my life.
Not only am I striving to be the best person I can be and make a difference in the world, but I am learning to be more grateful for what I have around me and not be so oblivious to the blessings I have in my life. Lately I have been so focused with school, finals, work, wedding plans....that I have forgotten to enjoy the simple things in life.
Today, I am grateful.
0 little notes:
Post a Comment