The Great Trip Down South

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Well this weekend was my time to finally meet the rest of Brian's family. Bri and I hit the road late Thursday night and didn't arrive in Flagstaff, AZ until 4 that next morning. We were both worn out, and boy did we sleep in that next morning! :) All of his family was either at school or work when we woke up, so it was nice to just spend some time talking and getting to know his mom, Jolene. She has such a big heart, and you can just tell she just loves and adores her children. She is so easy to talk with, I love it. Lets just say I have some BIG shoes to fill when it comes to her. Great. I feel the same way towards Brian's dad. I instantly felt so comfortable around him, and hopefully he felt the same with me. He is so competative when it comes to playing games, so I can easly see where Brian gets his competative nature :)

Well as friday afternoon rolled around I was able to meet all of Brian's younger siblings. He is the 2nd oldest out of six children. I had previously met his older brother, Sam and younger sister, Emily here at school, so I was pretty stoked to meet the rest of the crew. Jessica is 16 and man is she quite the teenager. It was quite funny watching her interact with Brian's parents regarding car privilages and curfews...it brought back some good memories. :) Amanda is next in line at age 12 and the youngest, Jacob just turned 11 in February. They are quite fun to be around, except Jacob hardly talked dang it! I'm sure he'll warm up eventually..

Here's a picture of Brian and I on our way home from Prescott. The wind is in my face, and Bri has a patch above his eye covering his stitches. Man are we a good looking couple.


The weekend was full of many activities including Amanda's Band Festival down in Prescott and then followed by a beautiful drive through Sedona. Poor Jacob got sick while driving home and decided he just couldn't handle it any more (I'm just glad he had a bag in the car!). We ended up playing many games together and laughing over many great meals. I had a wonderful time and absolutely love Brian's family :) I'm sure there will be many more memories made in the future...


Here is just a sneak peek of what my trip to Arizona consisted of:
(I know I stole this idea from Paige, but I thought it was cute..)
  • I trip to In-N-Out
  • 1 swervy car ride
  • 1 intense movie
  • 4 loaves of cinnamon bread
  • 1 delicious sweet pork salad
  • 2 cups of ice cream
  • 14 hours stuck in a car
  • 1 triple date
  • 2 phone calls with my mother
  • 5 stops for gas
  • 1 morning being woken up by an unexpected visitor
  • 2 boxes of grasshopper cookies
  • 3 mountain dews
  • 2 quiznos sandwiches
  • 1 scary Indian story
  • 1 puking kid while in the car (poor Jacob)
  • 5 new faces
  • 10 grilled cheese sandwiches
  • 1 treat to Sakura (yum)
  • 920 miles
  • 1 double date + a 5th wheel
  • 1 questionable apple pie
  • 3 fake cop cars
  • 1 intense game of phase 10
  • 1 band festival
  • 4 psychic readings
  • I weird chef
  • 1 unplanned roadside stop
  • 2 pairs of matching pajamas

0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP