Garra Ruta Pedicure

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Look at what I found. Yes people, its real. I told Nicole about my find on the way to eat last night and she just gave me a weird look. I dont think she believed me at first. Haha.


Garra Rufa is a new style of pedicure that is popular in Asia and now coming to the United States. The person sticks their feet in a tub of about 100 little fish that suck the dead skin off their feet for up to 30 minutes. Their pedicure then proceeds as normal. One person reported "It kisses your skin, but more it just sucks off your dry skin. It's all organic, I absolutely loved it. Your feet never felt so clean." The procedure is now also being done as full body treatments. I have to admit, I think the idea is intriguing, but I would be a little nervous to get a hungry one who ate off my whole big toe! (as is Nicole) Garra Rufa has already been banned in Florida by the State Board of Cosmetology. Mmm..

So I ask you, would you get a Garra Rufa pedicure?

1 little notes:

MommaArch said...

Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! No!!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP