Change is good, right?
Sunday, September 7, 2008
This week for me has testified of the inevitable fact, life is moving at the speed of light. Where on earth has time gone? School started this week, and as I was walking across the beautiful BYU Cougar campus, I found myself habitually wandering to my old dorm :(. I can't believe that it was a year ago that I lived there with my other five adorable roommates. I miss waking up to see Paige and Melissa walking past my room in order to get to their early morning classes. I miss coming home to a TV blaring and seeing Kaitlyn sitting on the couch with her bowl of frozen fruit. I miss hearing Nicole RUNNING down the hallway to get to and from the kitchen. I miss the sound of a soft knock at our door, and knowing exactly who it was...my dear Jilian wanting to talk cause she isn't up for doing her homework. I miss hearing Paige on her guitar and marveling at her artistic drawings. I miss Melissa constantly having to remind us late at night to be quiet as she emerges from her deep slumber. I miss Kaitlyn and her addiction to Diet Coke, "Thats what she said...", her amazing cake decorating skills and her love for older men. Oh how I miss my freshman year. :)
It doesn't even feel like I've had an appropriate summer. How can the weather already be hinting to the soon color changing of leaves and dropping temperatures? I don't get it. I'm not ready to be forced to bundle up every time I step outside. To constantly be wearing sweatshirts, gloves and close-toed shoes. I look back only just a few weeks ago and see how different my life has become. New apartment, new ward, new roommates, new schedule, new routine, new faces, smells, and habits. School is back in session and I can hardly believe I am a sophomore. How is it that I have already put a year of college under my belt? My goodness. Life just needs to slow down. Period.
Here are some pictures of our new place. Nicole and I really tried to spice things up a bit this year, so we decided to paint our living room red. We love it! :) It makes our little abode feel a bit more comfy, rather than so bare with those naked white walls. I also invested in a new TV and some cute accessories from IKEA. This is our home for the next year, might as well make it look as cute as possible right? Right.
2 little notes:
Cute Place Ariel!!! I love the red wall - I'm shocked that they let you do that in a rental!!! Hope your sophmore year is a good as the freshman year was! Love you
Post a Comment