Grateful.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

So recently I have been feeling a little bit under the weather. :( I have come to the conclusion that I have been hit with the flu. NOT good news. This little sickness of mine couldn't have come at a worse time. The week that I needed to be on top of my game, was the week that I felt at my lowest. I had four important tests to take during a matter of 3 days...and here I was unable to study to save my life.

Well one of my dear friends, Brian offered to give me a priesthood blessing yesterday. What better word for it, a blessing. He came over before he had to leave for work that day and gave me a sweet yet simple blessing that had such an impact on my day. I feel so privileged to be surrounded by such great young men who are worthy priesthood holders and can give me such powerful blessings whenever I feel they are necessary. I can truly say that priesthood blessings work! By the end of the day my coughing had lightened (thank goodness) and I was beginning to have the ability to somewhat focus on my schoolwork.

I can't even get over the fact of how blessed I am to be able to be here at Brigham Young University, surrounded by so many great guys who hold the priesthood power to heal the sick and comfort those who need it. These blessings have really helped me during difficult times in my life, and I know that they work. I am grateful for these moments in life where I am reminded about the little miracles that God allows me to witness every once in awhile. My testimony has been strengthened, and my heath is increasing. Yes, today I have much to be grateful for :)

3 little notes:

MommaArch said...

I enjoyed your testimony! I love the "tender mercies" (as Elder Bednar said) that the Lord blesses us with to remind us that he's there and that he knows and loves us each individually.

Jil H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jil H said...

I am so glad that you are doing better! your testimony is beautiful, thanks so much for sharing it.

P.S. i love that the mates are your big picture, it makes me miss us so much! i love ya!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP