A New Adventure
Saturday, March 8, 2014
My life go in waves it seems. There are weeks where I am in a certain routine with my free time (editing pictures, DIY projects, baking etc.) I will be stuck on one for awhile, then hit a stump or get bored, and move onto the next. Editing pictures and blogging was my go to for the past few years. I had a lot of free time when I only had one child to care for, and a husband in the first few years of medical school.
Around July of last year I found myself in a bit of a rut. I didn't feel the joy I once had for the hobbies I cherished so much before. (Thankfully I am now getting back into it and loving the journaling and capturing moments in lives of my family. Yet, I'm now playing catch up!). At this time though, I was pregnant, and thankfully nesting kicked in. I found myself taking on large projects, such as reupholstering an entire chair for Olivia's nursery, moving across town and all the fun that comes with that whole process. Then, Olivia was born. She was [and still is!] an angel baby, but all babies come with and extra load of work.
I seemed to remain in this rut for a few months, until a friend of mine mentioned how she was starting a annual boutique/craft show called "Backyard Boutique", and was in search of vendors. Little did anyone know how it was a dream of mine to create and sell baby wear/children accessories. I'll admit, I held off for quite a few weeks. I went back and forth, scared at the possibility of being a failure.
With Brian's full support, a lot of prayer, and a few late nights designing and figuring out a business name and product line, I signed myself up.
I chose Mae & Jane as my shop's name. Mae is Ava's middle name, and Jane is Olivia's. My girls have been my inspiration for creating baby wear in the first place, so the name just seemed to fit.
Backyard Boutique was on November 23rd, and I can't even begin to tell you how nervous I was. Hoping my things would catch someone's eye, and that all the hours I spent during nap time, and at nights would be worth it.
After 8 stressful hours, I realized that it was indeed a hit. I received so many wonderful compliments that day, and couldn't help but beam. This venture was an adrenaline rush, and one I didn't want to give up.
After the holidays came and went, and a little extra push from family and friends, I took another leap. As of January 8, 2014, Mae & Jane entered the Etsy world. Its been a scary, and thrilling two months, but it gives me the high that I have been missing.
So, this is the reason why this blog has been on such a break lately. It will be making a come back, slowly. I've got a lot of catching up to do! Luckily the blog I have for the girls to capture the little moments during our day to day has stayed pretty up to date. Phew!
A big thank you to everyone who has contributed in any way to the making and success of my little shop. It has meant the world to me!
Love you all.
I seemed to remain in this rut for a few months, until a friend of mine mentioned how she was starting a annual boutique/craft show called "Backyard Boutique", and was in search of vendors. Little did anyone know how it was a dream of mine to create and sell baby wear/children accessories. I'll admit, I held off for quite a few weeks. I went back and forth, scared at the possibility of being a failure.
With Brian's full support, a lot of prayer, and a few late nights designing and figuring out a business name and product line, I signed myself up.
I chose Mae & Jane as my shop's name. Mae is Ava's middle name, and Jane is Olivia's. My girls have been my inspiration for creating baby wear in the first place, so the name just seemed to fit.
Backyard Boutique was on November 23rd, and I can't even begin to tell you how nervous I was. Hoping my things would catch someone's eye, and that all the hours I spent during nap time, and at nights would be worth it.
After 8 stressful hours, I realized that it was indeed a hit. I received so many wonderful compliments that day, and couldn't help but beam. This venture was an adrenaline rush, and one I didn't want to give up.
After the holidays came and went, and a little extra push from family and friends, I took another leap. As of January 8, 2014, Mae & Jane entered the Etsy world. Its been a scary, and thrilling two months, but it gives me the high that I have been missing.
So, this is the reason why this blog has been on such a break lately. It will be making a come back, slowly. I've got a lot of catching up to do! Luckily the blog I have for the girls to capture the little moments during our day to day has stayed pretty up to date. Phew!
A big thank you to everyone who has contributed in any way to the making and success of my little shop. It has meant the world to me!
Love you all.

0 little notes:
Post a Comment