Picnic in the Park
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
This husband of mine has been going non-stop lately. I feel like we never see each other, besides the quick "hello, uhh...gotta go!" exchange we do around dinner time. He has been busting his little hiney studying for Step 1, which he takes at the end of May. We have a countdown going, to say the least.
We have all been a little worn down, and just going through the motions of the day to day. We decided to break this mundane schedule, take a night and be together. Monday was family night, and we decided to head to the park for a little picnic. It was heaven.
Brian grilled the chicken, I prepared the corn and watermelon, then packed the rest of the picnic basket. Twenty minutes later, we were off. We found the perfect little spot under a tree, where we ate our lovely summer meal. This was exactly what I needed.
We ended the night with a few cookies and the swings. Those continue to be Ava's favorite. She wants to love the slides, but they are still a little daunting to her. She will gladly let you cut in line if you are waiting behind her, so she is not rushed when trying to go down. Precious girl.
I think we are all feeling a little more rejuvenated, and ready to tackle the next month ahead of us. Bring on the all-day studies, and the 'hello, see-ya-laters'.
I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.





1 little notes:
Oh the joys of husbands in school. I feel ya. You can do it!! Her shirt is so dang cute!!
Post a Comment