Another Schedule, Another Routine
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
I was standing over the sink tonight, cleaning the pots and pans from tonight's dinner, when it hit me how routine our lives have become. I heard the familiar sounds that ring through our house after dinner time each night. Running bath water, Brian stripping Ava of her clothes at her high chair, then telling her to "kick! kick! kick!" her little legs as he carries her by her underarms to the tub. Once in the bathroom, I can hear her cute voice exclaim "bubbos! bubbos!" Sure enough, Brian remembered to fill the tub with one of Ava's favorite things; bubbles. We have fallen in this pattern that repeats itself with each new day. I love this routine of ours, minus the dishes. Life has proven itself good once again.
This schedule of ours is something that won't last for too much longer, with a second little one on the way and all. Sure, we will find our groove after a few months and a new routine will be born, but it won't ever be the same. Since that moment in front of the sink, I have been trying to soak up every bit of this life in. It was one of my many reminders, actually. For the past two years I have been telling myself to embrace every second, love every minute, and gratefully take any kiss or hug that baby girl dishes out.
Life is good, change is on the way, and we are ready for it. Just a reminder to slow the pace, and look at the every day in slow motion. They soon won't be the every day.

0 little notes:
Post a Comment