Our Gender Reveal. Surprise!
Thursday, April 18, 2013
What exciting times for this little family of mine! We are beyond blessed, and can hardly believe that we are possibly four months away from welcoming a new member into our family. This week to me felt like it was an eternity. We scheduled our 20 week ultrasound on Thursday, and I honestly never thought the day would come!
Brian and I woke up early that morning, dropped Ava off at a friend's house, and headed to the hospital where we immediately got into the exam room. Within a minute we were seeing our second little miracle there on the screen. What a rush of emotion that is! The profile was perfect, and as the minutes went by we learned that each of the bodily systems were developing the way they should be, and measuring to be the appropriate size. Brian, being a medical student, was nervous as he watched the tech measure and record the stats of the brain, heart and kidneys. Being in the medical profession can have its downfalls, especially when you know everything that can go wrong in fetal development. Luckily, everything looked great!
When it came to finding out the gender, we decided to do things a little differently than what we did with Ava. We both looked away from the screen as the tech captured an image of the baby and it's gender. She then placed the ultrasound picture and a note saying what the gender was in an envelope. Can I just express how hard that was for me? Looking away, I had to cover my eyes because I didn't trust myself. Knowing that we would be finding out only an hour later helped though. I don't know how some couples can go the entire pregnancy not knowing. It is just too exciting for me to have it kept a secret!
I honestly couldn't believe it. I was sure there were going to be blue balloons flying out. It took me awhile to have it sink in, but the more I think about it, the more it just "feels right". All I can think about now is how these two girls are going to be such good friends. They will share a room, and I can't help but smile when I think of the future years when they are laughing with each other way past their bed time, playing dress up or with their baby dolls, then giggle even more when they get caught by their daddy and I. I look forward to watching Ava teach Olivia everything she knows. From make-up, to jewelry, her colors, and what a birdie looks like out the window, and teaching her new words. I look forward to seeing Ava comfort her baby sister when she needs it, and giving her little pats on the back like she does so often. I look forward to them loving on each other. I am bursting with joy thinking of it.
Today, was a great day. My heart is full. I have not only learned that I am carrying a girl, a daughter, but I have been reminded once again that there are some some pretty amazing people who love us here in Lubbock.
So thank you, Karris, Emma, and Anna for being there for us today. You made today that much more memorable for our little family.
Brian and I woke up early that morning, dropped Ava off at a friend's house, and headed to the hospital where we immediately got into the exam room. Within a minute we were seeing our second little miracle there on the screen. What a rush of emotion that is! The profile was perfect, and as the minutes went by we learned that each of the bodily systems were developing the way they should be, and measuring to be the appropriate size. Brian, being a medical student, was nervous as he watched the tech measure and record the stats of the brain, heart and kidneys. Being in the medical profession can have its downfalls, especially when you know everything that can go wrong in fetal development. Luckily, everything looked great!
When it came to finding out the gender, we decided to do things a little differently than what we did with Ava. We both looked away from the screen as the tech captured an image of the baby and it's gender. She then placed the ultrasound picture and a note saying what the gender was in an envelope. Can I just express how hard that was for me? Looking away, I had to cover my eyes because I didn't trust myself. Knowing that we would be finding out only an hour later helped though. I don't know how some couples can go the entire pregnancy not knowing. It is just too exciting for me to have it kept a secret!
As we left the exam room, we quickly took the envelope over to our friend, Emma's. We dropped off both the envelope and the gender reveal box that I had decorated the night before. She was kind enough to go the the store and fill the box up with the appropriate colored balloons and meet us at the park an hour later. Meanwhile, we picked Ava up, got her dressed and ready to go then headed to the park to meet Emma and Anna (the one behind the camera!). The weather was awful. It was freezing and windy. Not the best conditions. We quickly set everything up, and in a matter of minutes we saw pink coming out of the box. 

A girl!
Olivia Jane Fisher
I honestly couldn't believe it. I was sure there were going to be blue balloons flying out. It took me awhile to have it sink in, but the more I think about it, the more it just "feels right". All I can think about now is how these two girls are going to be such good friends. They will share a room, and I can't help but smile when I think of the future years when they are laughing with each other way past their bed time, playing dress up or with their baby dolls, then giggle even more when they get caught by their daddy and I. I look forward to watching Ava teach Olivia everything she knows. From make-up, to jewelry, her colors, and what a birdie looks like out the window, and teaching her new words. I look forward to seeing Ava comfort her baby sister when she needs it, and giving her little pats on the back like she does so often. I look forward to them loving on each other. I am bursting with joy thinking of it.
Today, was a great day. My heart is full. I have not only learned that I am carrying a girl, a daughter, but I have been reminded once again that there are some some pretty amazing people who love us here in Lubbock.
So thank you, Karris, Emma, and Anna for being there for us today. You made today that much more memorable for our little family.






1 little notes:
I am so in love. That image is priceless. And her name is absolutely beautiful!!
Post a Comment