Like Mother, Like Daughter

Friday, November 30, 2012

While I was "home" for two weeks, my mom put me to work organizing her pictures. It was a fun project, mainly because I was able to sort through years (and years!) of old memories. I came across many snapshots of my childhood, some were typical bath time pictures, and others quite unique. Occasionally a story would pop up from either one of my parents letting me know the details surrounding a particular image. It was so refreshing to see my mom and dad in the era that I am currently in with my little family. It was reassuring, knowing that I am, in some ways, following a path that they once travelled. My parents and I are more alike than I realized. Some pictures I found of me happen to match a few of the captured moments in Ava's short 18 months of life.

Take a look:

Holiday Pictures:
Remember how Ava dressed up as Minnie Mouse only a month ago for Halloween? Well, apparently I did too (at an older age, mind you). The funny thing is, I don't remember this at all. Minnie is the character to be, I guess.

 Me, my cousin, Kailey and brother, Chase. October 1995
Ava Mae: Halloween 2012

The famous "Potty" picture:
I'm sure everyone has a picture (or two?) when they are sitting on the potty as a toddler. Is it me or is it weird how I captured an almost identical image of Brian and Ava to match this one of me and my dad? Ava's face is clearly more entertaining that mine. She is a crack up, that one.
Me & my Dad: 1989 Ava & Brian: 2012Naked Bath Pictures:Here is another one typical picture.. How I captured this one of Ava in the sink was just by happenstance. She actually did a number in the tub (her very first one) during her bath. Brian and I both kinda, freaked out if you will? We rinsed her off and we threw her in our kitchen sink where I finished bathing her while Brian took care of the tub. Bless him! 
Me: 1989
 Ava: May 2012
First Birthdays:This one is also a given, but similar still the same. Me on my 1st Birthday: October 1989Ava on her first birthday. June 2012Crazy, huh? It was so cool to come across these when I was flipping through my mom's old photo albums. The best part is that I didn't even mean to replicate any of these, it just sorta...happened?  I'm sure Ava and I will have vastly different childhoods, but based on what I'm seeing, I'm sure there will be a few more similarities along the way. At least I hope so. 

1 little notes:

Unknown said...

After seeing picture of you and Ava side by side I have to agree that she does look like you as well. That adorable girl is a good mix!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP