Some Thoughts

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ava hit her nine month mark yesterday. crazy. She is growing so much. Her hair, for one, is out of control. I look back at pictures and can't believe how much it has grown. How have I not realized how much she was changing? Her long locks have made getting ready each day that much more fun. Ponytail, Pigtails or headband?

Who is this little girl who I am constantly trying to teach the word "mama" to as I enthusiastically point to myself. Me? I'm her momma? It still hasn't hit me. It has, but then again it hasn't. As naturally as motherhood came to me, I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that I hold such a daunting and sacred responsibility. Motherhood has been good to me though. It has been so incredibly good.

Ava's little personality seemed to come out of nowhere this month. My favorite was her interactions with my family while in Georgia. She does this thing where she, dramatically, shakes her head no. We have enjoyed asking her questions and having her answer back so promptly. No. She has also broadened her list of "foods eaten". Ice cream (Colin is responsible for this one), diet coke (thanks to grammy), sweet tea (courtesy of papa), saltine and graham crackers, licorice, mangos, a pickle, and a lemon. The last two didn't even phase her. What?!? No sour face, yet.

She loves men, have I mentioned that? Oh she is a big flirt. Watch out daddy! She will cheer up the moment a guy walks into the room. On our Georgia trip, she was all over Papa and Colin. I think she had both of them wrapped around her fingers by the end of the first night.

Pictures of that vacation to come. I expect they'll be up by the end of April at the rate I'm going! Seriously though.

0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP