Baby Girl

Friday, February 11, 2011

Today was such a good day. Bri and I have been counting down the days for nearly a month and a half, and we were not disappointed. Not only did we find out the gender of our little peanut, but the Phoenix Suns won their game against the Utah Jazz. What sweet revenge that was from last year.

On to the more exciting part of the day (at least for me), baby fisher! On my way to the ultrasound this afternoon, I found myself growing extremely nervous. Why? I wasn't worried about the gender at all - I honestly had no preference as to what we had. I then realized I was worried more about the development of this little one. I'm acting like a true mother, aren't I? Luckily the technician reassured me that everything looked great. We heard the heartbeat for the third time, with a strong 153 beats per minute. The brain, kidneys, legs, arms and facial bones were all in the right places and growing strong. Thank goodness.

The babe didn't listen to my pep-talk beforehand, and was very shy. She had her legs in "Indian-style" for awhile making it difficult for us to see the goods and determine the gender. Luckily after a few minutes she warmed up to the idea, and we finally found out that we were indeed having a girl. Miss Ava Mae Fisher will be joining our little family sometime in late June, early July.

We. Can't. Wait.

Now the fun really begins. Girls are SO fun to shop for, which is what Brian is most worried about. Baby jewels, headbands, bows, poofy dresses and tutus are what I get to look forward to in the next few months :). (my mom has already started on her shopping spree. She bought 5 pairs of shoes, and 2 things of jewlery for the little miss. Ava is going to be spoiled rotten, can ya tell?) Also, I need to start thinking of nursery colors. We wont have a nursery here in the apartment when Ava arrives, but we will shortly after we move. Any color suggestions? I'm thinking I might want to steer clear of pink, at least from being a main color. Its just so typical. If anyone has ideas, let me know :)

Well, I'm off to bed. Today was great, but completely wore me out. Husband is up watching The Office, and I just dont think I can handle much of Michael Scott tonight.
Ta Ta.

2 little notes:

Bethi said...

Yay! That is really exciting! I am glad she was willing to cooperate! I know I already commented on facebook but I am really excited for you guys! Brian is going to be such a sucker for that little girl! He won't know what to do with himself! :) (as well as mommy, but it's so fun to watch the dads!) By the way, we should get together sometime!

Liz said...

just look at the baby bedding to pick ur colors. i love teal and white or brown... or black! I can't wait!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP