Miss Sarah

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Miss Sarah Smartt is another year wiser. I can't believe we are both now 22. Where on earth did the time go? I can still remember that halloween night where we watched dumb and dumber eating every single reeses candy we accumulated, while talking/dreaming about our futures. We always did that. We imagined what our husbands were going to look like, how many kids we are going to have, and even what our houses would look like. We talked about me getting married fairly young, and Sarah going on a mission shortly after. Its amazing how life seems to unfold sometimes. Sarah is currently serving in the Las Vegas Mission and I got married 7 months before she left. It was a blessing to have her there with me on that special day, and I was so thankful I was able to be there for her when she went through the temple for the first time. I think we must be soul sisters or something.

Sarah and I were born exactly 2 weeks apart. We always told each other that I was the one who had to go down to earth first, but she couldn't stand us being seperated, so she begged and begged to come down shortly after. (I'm sure thats exactly what happened) We didn't actually meet each other until the 7th grade. My family had just moved to Georgia , and Sarah was in my ward out there. After meeting, we soon became inseperable to the point where people started calling us "Sariel Smarsen" (Sarah Smartt and Ariel Nielsen combined).
In my opinion, Sarah and I grew up together. We have been through a lot together and have helped each other laugh our way though the hard times. We have shared so many inside jokes, been completely immature, gone to seminary together, endured the pressures of high school, boys and long distance separation.
Sarah forever has a special place in my heart, and I will love that girl forever (so much I might even name one of  my children after her, seriously). She is my bestest. Happy 22nd birthday, dear.
Best Friends Forever

1 little notes:

Stephanie Madsen said...

awwww Ariel. This was the sweestest post ever!!! I just may have to copy and paste this and give it to her in an email :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP