Honeymoon
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Brian and I had such a wonderful honeymoon. It was much needed break after the stresses of the wedding day and the lack of sleep we received through it all. We went on a cruise to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and had a blaasst! Of course I slept for the first two days straight it seemed because I was so sleep deprived, but after that it was smooth sailing (ha). We enjoyed top of the line all you can eat food (how amazing is THAT?), great sunny weather, fun shows every night and the BEACH, in Mexico. It was paradise, I tell you.
We have quite a funny story as to WHY we didn’t get much sleep. Well, when we first got engaged Brian, being the “go-getter” that he is (oh, how I love him..) instantly got on Expedia and booked our honeymoon, and got a smokin’ deal. We signed up for a 4-day cruise to Ensenada and Catalina Island, which ported in San Diego. We decided that we didn’t want to wake up too early the morning after our wedding and be rushing the airport to catch a flight, so we booked a plane to San Diego that arrived at 8:00pm the day before the big boat took off. Wellll, June comes along and Brian gets this phone call from Carnival. “This message is for a Mr. Brian Fisher, we are calling regarding an email we sent out to you a few months ago . We want to make sure you are aware that your cruise has been moved up a day and will be taking off July 11th at 4:00pm” Well with our 8:00 flight we weren’t’ going to make the boat, great.
So after many hours on the phone and a few hundred dollars down the toilet, we changed flights and had to leave for San Diego at 6:00 that next morning, which is why I was sleep deprived (plus not getting any sleep the night before the wedding…pre-wedding jitters).
All in all, we had a great time, and if our camera hadn’t stopped working we would have a LOT more pictures, oh well...
All in all, we had a great time, and if our camera hadn’t stopped working we would have a LOT more pictures, oh well...
P.S. I guess we had a murder onboard which was just rumor floating around during the time we were on our way back to the States. The rumors were then confirmed to be true once we got back to San Diego. Check it out.
0 little notes:
Post a Comment