The Wedding Day!
Monday, July 27, 2009
So here is the story, I know many have been wanting the inner scoop of our wonderful day.
We were sealed in the Portland, Oregon Temple by Ray Geilmann, the father of one of my mom's dear friends. The sealing was unbelievable. The room was packed with our family and friends, just another reminder of how blessed and grateful we are. I kept looking around and catching the eyes of all those who were there to celebrate with us, some of whom I didn't even realize were going to be there. Its amazing how nearly everyone who has impacted my life for the better was sitting in that room; my mother and extended family, even my friends from Idaho, Georgia and Washington were all there.
One of the more sweet aspects of the weekend, was that I was privilaged to wear my grandmother's temple dress to be endowed as well as sealed. I have previously talked about my Grandma LaWana before, and so many of you may know the close connection I feel to her, even though I have never met her here during this earth life. Even though I know she was there to witness the sealing, being able to wear her dress seemed to bring me closer to her during those precious moments. I can't thank my cousin, Emily enough for letting me borrow Grandma's dress. :)
Words can't begin to describe how my heart felt during those moments when I was kneeling across from Brian. Both of us started to tear up because the thought of what we were doing seemed almost too great to comprehend. It's moments like these, when you know that life is indeed sweet. To know that we are together for eternity brings my spirit so much joy and happiness. To be sealed to a man like Brian is such a blessing in my eyes. He is going to teach me so much about the Gospel and life in general. He is such an example to me and the fact that he holds and honors his Priesthood is something I just love about him.
After all the pictures were taken outside of the temple, we had a great luncheon back at out hotel there in Portland, before our drive up to Seattle for the reception later that night. My dear little cousin, Clayton had a little accident during the luncheon where he fell and hit his head, which caused him to have 12 stitches and essentially stay behind with his parents until the doctor gave them the okay. This little accident caused an array of events and setbacks to our plans, but overall it turned out to be a blessing. (You can't have a wedding without some little thing going wrong, right?)
The ring ceremony turned out beautifully. It was held out of respect for my non-member family members and friends under an arbor looking over Snoqualmie Ridge Golf Course. It was performed by my hometown Bishop, and was very simple and well done. :) After the ring ceremony we were off to the party. The room looked absolutely beautiful with flowers everywhere and my color choices of olive green and a rich purple. Everything was perfect! We enjoyed all the wonderful assortments of food and of course the company. We then cut the cake and did the traditional bouquet and guarder toss.
We ended the night with lots of dancing, which was by far my favorite part. Brian danced with his mom and I danced with my dad, something I have been dreaming about for quite some time. Brian and I danced to "Making Memories of Us" by Keith Urban, which was the song we danced to right before he proposed. We had a ball dancing and being so carefree with everyone and enjoying the great celebration. The day was perfect in my eyes, and I couldn't have been a happier bride.
A big thanks to everyone who helped make this day perfect for me. I know a lot of hard work was put in my my dear mother and aunt, and I can't thank you two enough!
The Fishers
Est: July 10, 2009
1 little notes:
congratulations! it looked absolutely beautiful. :) you two make a wonderful couple.
Post a Comment