Fall Family Pictures

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Living in Lubbock has given Brian and I so many blessings, I swear. They just keep pouring down, and I thank my Father in Heaven each night for this. One of these blessings, which I have mentioned many times before, are the friends that I have made. Some of the first friends we made here were the other LDS medical school students/families. This group, has to be one of my favorites. I've learned though, that its a new dimension of friendship.

Although we don't share living quarters, like I did with my first friends in Utah, I have grown so incredibly close with them. We are all each other has in this little town. They are mothers, some of them quite new to the title, they are wives, and are going through the same experiences with being a 'medical school wife' as I am. It is a sweet friendship and bond that we share. Our children are growing up together; we all are growing up together.

The person I could most relate to when moving here was a girl by the name of Mariah. When I met her she had a little boy that was only three weeks old. Ava was six weeks at the time. We instantly clicked, expressing our fears of being so new to motherhood, without having our mothers close by. We turned to each other for advice, and shared the joys that we experienced when our baby reached a certain milestone. Mariah is one of the sweetest girls I've ever met, and I'm so lucky that her husband is in the medical school program with Brian.

Anyone here in Lubbock knows that Mariah is not only a sweetheart, but an extremely talented photographer. She has her own successful business, even with only living here a little over a year! That tells you something about her. I was lucky enough to win a giveaway she was doing a few weeks ago, and just got our pictures back from our session. I am completely in love! She captured us perfectly, and I'm so thankful to be able to have these precious moments to look at forever.

Mariah, I can't thank you enough! Let's just assume you will be photographing our next baby's newborn session, okay?

0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP