Easter Celebrations

Sunday, April 8, 2012

We had a fabulous Easter here in Lubbock. It just the three of us. It was quiet and stress free, which was exactly what I was hoping for. It started at 8:00 am when Ava and I started on our Easter surprise for daddy. Stuffed french toast, scrambled eggs and bacon. It was so good! Brian and I both wished that Ava could have eaten it with us. Next year! Oh, and the Easter bunny found us! He spoiled Ava rotten even though he knows she can't have half of what he brought. Silly bunny.



We then headed off to church where we watched the choir's Easter program. Brian was in the choir so it was fun to watch him sing and to watch Ava look for him and light up when she spotted him. (Their relationship is so dang cute. I wish everyone could witness it in person). The program was unbelievable. I can't even put into words how my heart felt during the service. I cried multiple times just thinking about what my life would be like without the sacrifice my Savior made for me. As I was holding my sweet girl in my arms, I realized that she wouldn't be mine for eternity if it wasn't for His sacrifice. Neither would any of my future children. My husband would only hold that title during our time here together on this earth.

How can I even attempt to express the thankfulness and love I feel towards my Savior? I'm not sure I can. He gave everything he had so that nobody would be left behind. He gave his life so that I could make have the ability to make mistakes, learn from them and become better. What gets me is that He would have gone through all that pain and suffering even if it was just me He had to save. Isn't that a wonderful thought? He has given me the chance to return home once more and be with my family and those I love forever. That concept is hard to wrap your mind around sometimes. At least it is for me.

Those is just one of the many thoughts I had during the program that literally brought tears to my eyes. I love walking out of church after having those experiences. I felt like my spirituality had just been replenished ten-fold the week(s) ahead.


 Here is our girl in her Easter dress all ready for church! 

We came home and started our dinner preparations. We had a traditional Easter meal: ham (including Grandma Cooper's ham sauce), funeral potatoes, green beans, salad, and rolls. We were so full and so is our refrigerator with all the leftovers we have. It looks like we'll be having ham sandwiches for the next few weeks!

0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP