This Life
Sunday, November 20, 2011
We have been so busy lately. There just isn't enough time during the day. Every night I take a deep breath and head off to bed, grateful for another day in this journey of mine.
Yesterday, after putting Ava down for her nap, I remember feeling so overwhelmed with excitement, gratitude, love and complete joy that I was where I was at that time. I was so giddy with how life was unfolding for me. I have a great husband and provider who works so hard at school. He loves to learn and is so incredibly smart. How did I get so lucky to marry such a man? I still have no idea. I have a beautiful daughter who teaches me so much each day. My biggest lesson, enjoy the little things: cuddling, cooing, blowing spit bubbles, the growing number of leg and arm rolls she has, laughing together as a family while playing "the horsey game"...I could go on forever.
Ava had her first, real laugh on Wednesday (11.16.11). A baby's laughter has to be one of the cutest sounds. We were playing "the horsey game", as mentioned above, and by happenstance we were able to catch a bit on video. Unfortunately I am having trouble uploading it (go figure). I blame my slow computer. I just dont have the patience to wait. Thank goodness for Black Friday.
As usual, I begged and pleaded with Brian to let me put the Christmas decorations up before Thanksgiving. He caved, and our little home looks so festive. When we showed Ava the lights, her eyes got wide and curious. She would not stop staring. We put her under the tree and she slowly started to reach up to touch one of the low hanging branches. She let out one of her happy squeals, showing her excitment by moving both her arms and legs back and forth real fast. I love these moments with her. That one in particular is stitched in my memory bank forever. What a cutie bug I have.
We are headed to Georgia on Wednesday (for a whole week!) to visit my parents and my long lost friends. I'm anxious to show Brian another place where I grew up. It is really one of my favorites.
I'll post pictures when I return to prove it.
0 little notes:
Post a Comment