Tender Mercies

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Today, is a sweet and tender day for me. I am overwhelmed with love and gratitude for (and from) all the sweet members of our new ward and stake. Its been years since I have felt so welcomed and a part of my ward family. While in Utah, I just felt like a number (as sad as that is to say). Living in an area where the Church is not as strong, has made me a stronger member of it. For this reason alone, I look back on my life and am grateful my family moved around a lot when I was younger.

Brian is one of the Gospel Doctrine teachers in our ward. Today he gave a lesson on trials and tribulations. He did a great job, as always. (When he told me what his new calling was, I couldn't help but remember that very first day I saw him. He was teaching Sunday School, how ironic.)

During his lesson, I couldn't help but think of all the trials I personally, as well as those that my family have been put through over the years. One of the biggest - moving across the country twice while in middle and high school. That was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I hated each move, and each transition was so different than the last. I learned so much though. I was forced to overcome my fear of meeting new people, and became very social. I can't tell you how much this helped me during my college years. My testimony in the Gospel also multiplied ten-fold. It had to. I became so much closer to my family. Initially, we only had each other. I honestly think these moves are responsible for the amazing relationship I have now with my parents. They really are some of my very best friends. All in all, trials and tribulations bring many, many blessings.
Having a baby and moving many miles away from family and everything familiar when Ava was 3 weeks old, was another one of those trials. This move was different though. This time around I didn't have to go to school and be "the new girl", which made it ten (if not one hundred) times easier. That, and the fact that everyone is so loving. This is just one of the many blessings I have seen so far. Members in the Lubbock area have been praying and fasting for new individuals to move in. Can you imagine how Brian and I felt once we arrived? The funny thing is, I had such a strong feeling that Texas was where we were meant to go.

I could easily raise all my babies in the South.

Speaking of baby, Ava is teething (I think). She is drooling so much and is so so fussy. She is normally never fussy! Poor girl.

0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP