Changes
Friday, August 5, 2011
I'm starting to forget certain characteristics about what my little girl was like when she was just a newborn. (thank goodness I went and had those newborn pictures taken and have written countless notes to remind me). As I was holding her, only hours old, in complete amazement I told myself I would never forget that face of hers. She is now almost 2 months and I can't believe how much she is changing. Yet the thing is, only a few days ago did I notice this change. Being with her 24/7 does this to you I guess. We were walking into a store, with Brian carrying her in her carseat while I followed closely behind. It was then that I noticed her cheeks. What chucky cheeks this girl is getting. Since then, I've also noticed that she no longer has that cute crease above her nose. I've given her quite a few lectures about how she is not allowed to grow anymore.
Speaking of growing, Ava is no longer in newborn diapers. I almost had a fit when I opened that size 1 diaper box. (hmph) I'm forgetting her cute little cry, oh how I wish I could hear that cute little cry again. Now that cry of hers is quite loud, girly and occassionally very high pitched. I've already started to prepare myself for those temper tantrums. They're going to be a blast.
Change however brings new beginnings. As hard as each phase will be to leave, the next one brings that many more discoveries and memories. Her eyes are open much more now than when she was first brought home. I love looking into those big blue eyes, so full of wonder and innocence. Its almost as if I'm taking a glimpse into heaven. When those eyes aren't open, my attention is brought to her beautiful eyelashes. They are getting so long! I can't wait to see how long they will be in a couple of months. Gosh I have a beautiful little girl, and I'm not just saying that because I'm her (proud) momma.
I've bragged about this before, but Ava is a champ at holding her head up. When we cuddle on couch and she is lying on my chest, she loves to turn her head up towards my face. Occassionally she will lift up that head of hers and continue to look at me while doing it. My heart melts every. single. time this happens, and I am amazed that I'm looking at the face of my very own daughter. I still can't seem to get over that.
Being a mom is the best.
0 little notes:
Post a Comment