Thanksgiving.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
This past week I was so grateful to be leaving the Provo bubble and head home to Issaquah, Washington!! I was able to bring a few friends back home with me and they all got to meet my whole extended family, boy what a weekend. There were 16 total bodies in my house, the more the merrier I guess :)
My roommate Nicole and I left Provo Tuesday afternoon, met up with Uncle Kirt and headed to Twin Falls, Idaho to stay at my Aunt Sondra's house for the night before the long drive to Washington the next morning. We woke up at 4:30 that next morning, to get a head start on the long journey. Yes I, Ariel Nielsen woke up at that hour, believe it or not. :) With Uncle Kirt and Colin driving it wasn't a surprise that we made pretty good time. It only took us about 9 hours to get there haha. That day we pretty much just lounged around the house while everyone showed up and then around ten o'clock Nicole and I drove to the airport to pick up the beloved Young brothers, Adam and Daniel.
Now for those who don't know my family, they love to joke around with anyone and everyone. So bringing three complete strangers home for them to meet was quite a treat. I was kinda nervous how this weekend would turn out, but my family welcomed them with open arms...especially my Aunt Sondra haha. When the Young brothers walked into the house she wasn't afraid to add a little tush squeeze with her hug. Oh man...that was definitely unexpected.
The next day was Turkey Day of course, and we woke up early to head to Redmond to join in a Turkey Bowl with some of Daniel's old mission buddies. It was fun to see the guys in my family get all worked up over the game. Nicole and I went to keep Adam company since he wasn't able to play due to a hurt back, poor guy :(. We then all came home and got ready for the FEAST! As 3:00 rolled around we all sat down together and enjoyed a great meal :). Nicole, Adam and Daniel all got to try our family's famous ham sauce...which hopefully they all enjoyed haha. Later that night after our food had digested and we all woke up from our afternoon naps, the family all gathered together to watch the Christmas classic, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I can't even begin to describe how much my family LOVES that movie. I wouldn't be surprised if we could all reenact and quote the movie word for word. Oh man...I love my family :)
Friday was pretty much our tourist day. I was able to take Nicole and the boys down to Seattle to see the sights. Nicole was determined to find Seattle Grace Hospital (Grey's Anatomy people...) and ride a ferry boat, while my Uncle Kirt and cousin Colin had their mind set on one thing, The Crab Pot. Its this restaurant in downtown Seattle where they dump out pots of crab, mussels, shrimp, corn and potatoes on your table and you pretty much go to town, wearing a bib and everything. They are obsessed with it.
It was quite an experience for Nicole and the Young brothers. Poor Daniel despises seafood, so he went wild and ordered a hamburger and looked at the rest of us in disgust. Nicole was astonished that you actually had to rip the heads and feet off of the shrimp before actually eating them. I think she got a little whoosey after awhile, but what a trooper.
We also took Nicole, Adam and Daniel to Pikes Place Market where they got to experience them throwing fish for the first time. I'm not going to lie, those guys that work at the fish market scare the crap out of me. Everyone else seemed to enjoy it, and they scared a few people with their fake fish that they throw out...haha.
We were also able to go to the original Starbucks...yes my friends, the ORIGINAL. It seemed like Seattle got the best of Nicole, because she had a Starbucks craving the entire time. :)
Saturday was definitely a busy day for all of us. The boys woke up early that morning to go shooting and four-wheeling.
After the ballet we rushed off to the Tacoma Dome to watch my brother's high school football game.
This weekend couldn't have been any better! I was able to spend time with family and friends, and I truly came back to Provo with such a love for everyone around me. :)
I LOVE YOU ALL!!
1 little notes:
It sounds like you had a great time!!! What else would you expect from our crew??? Did my mom really pinch his tushy??? How funny! We sure missed you guys!!!
Post a Comment