"How Are You Doing?"

Thursday, August 22, 2013

That seems to be the question everyone is asking lately. My answer: I'm doing fine, really.

With Ava arriving surprisingly early (a day shy of 37 weeks), I thought Miss Livvy would show her sister up by arriving even earlier. Wrong. So, so wrong. Brian warned me it was a dangerous thought to let myself settle on. He was right in some ways. I am currently 38 weeks and 1 day, with no sign of baby coming anytime soon.

There was a day last week where I let myself get down. I was a few days past the 37 week mark, and had a date picked out that had significant meaning to me, which would have been the perfect day for a baby to join our family. I did everything I could think of to get her here, everything. Clearly nothing worked. I'll admit, I was bummed. I let myself dwell on it for the night, moping around the house and being a pleasure to be around. Then I got over it. Literally the next day I was fine and have been "going with the flow" ever since. I haven't been going crazy, or had any additional "episodes", which everyone around here is thankful for, I'm sure.

So, let the waiting game continue. They say it is the worst part of pregnancy. I admit, it isn't pleasant. Surely this is something I can bear for another two weeks though. TWO WEEKS! Baby girl could be in my arms any day, but for sure in two short weeks. Ah! Am I ready? No. Yes. Nooo.

Olivia will come when she is ready. She will pick out her own birthday, just like Ava picked out hers. (At least I hope. No induction, please.)

Things are about to get crazy around here!

0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP