Fathers

Sunday, June 16, 2013

"The sacred title of 'father' is shared with the Almighty" -Ezra Taft Benson

My dad. It is hard to put into words the love I feel for him. He is one of those select few that cause my heart to burst open with pure love. It hurts almost when I think of how much I truly care. I think it stems from me knowing all that he has done for me, especially now that I am a parent. I can see all the sacrifices he has made for me, and all the time and patience he had to have with me. I'm a gal with spunk, some would say. Seeing Brian as a dad, in a similar situation that my dad was in 23 years ago, deepens my understanding for what he, and my mom, went through back then. It is almost as if we are living their life, fast forwarded 23 or so years. Crazy weird. 

Now, as time has passed, "papa" is an added title that he carries and lives up to well. I love seeing him as a grandpa, and the things he is teaching Ava at this time in her life. It gives me yet another glimpse of what life was like in our home when I was that young. I'm finding out that parenthood brings such beautiful moments of realization and understanding.  I am thankful for those quick instances in time when my mind is opened to a concept I have never understood or grasped before. That is something I didn't expect motherhood to be so rich in. 

So thank you, Dad. I now can say those two words with my new perspective. You have been the best teacher, supporter and friend. xoxo.

Turning the tables a bit, I want to wish a Happy Father's day to this amazing man. He sure loves this little girl, and its pretty clear to see that she thinks the world of him. 

It is no secret that he has a full schedule each and every day. He works so hard for the grades that he gets, and for the chance to support his family. What I love is that he tries his best to 'be home when he is home'. He forgets school for the few hours he gets to spend with us before Ava goes to bed, then will hit the books again once she is sound asleep. Love him for this. He really is the best, and thats what he deserves today. Only the best.

0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP