Christmas in the South

Friday, January 4, 2013

I just love this time of year. It is so festive, filled with family, and new memories. We made a lot of those this Christmas break, and I am amazed every time at how fast vacations go by.  We went to Georgia this year. Wait, back up. We drove to Georgia this year. A crazy idea, but one that saved us a couple thousand of dollars in airfare. So, we just took a deep breath and drove for hours and hours.

Brian and I decided to take it in one leg. We drove straight through the night due having a toddler in the car. It was genius for her sake, but it just about wiped out both Brian and I. As we rolled into my parent's driveway at 9 am, we went straight for bed while Grammy and Papa entertained our very squirmy and energetic girl.

Once we got a few hours of sleep, we were off to the hair salon where Ava got her very first haircut! It was an unexpected trip, but a fun one. I can't get over how much I love her new do. She looks so grown up! I think she just gets cuter and cuter as the days go by.

As she is with any new surroundings, Ava was into everything and exploring every angle of Grammy & Papa's house.

Her favorite: the stairs, the drawer holding all of Grammy's dish clothes, the cabinet where the measuring cups were stored, and baby Oaklyn. That girl loves babies. She is quite the little momma. She also found a love for all of the Christmas decorations found around the house, especially those that moved or played music. Here is her absolute favorite:

The snowmen light up, then would spin and sing christmas carols. To turn them on all you had to do was lightly touch them and the music would start. Ava would start swaying her hips side to side every time she would hear the music. It was so cute.

I love going home for Christmas. There is so much joy and comfort in going home, seeing your family, and watching your little girl play with the things that you played with as a little girl.
I used to sit and watch this Santa go back and forth when I was young. It brings more of the excitement of Christmas  every time I see it. Seeing Ava study it and watch it sway from side to side made this the best Christmas yet.
Mom and Dad had a full house this year. (they wouldn't have liked it any other way, I'm sure) We had ten bodies around the tree Christmas morning. It was such a treat! We were there opening presents for awhile, obviously. I loved every bit of it. This was Ava's first real Christmas with my parents, and she was so interactive. She ran around amid all the chaos and looked downright confused.  I think it was all the wrapping paper that got her so distracted. It was everywhere!

She did love seeing new toys pop up out of nowhere. Papa was introducing Ava to her new golf set the moment she discovered it. He has big plans for her in her future regarding golf. So, we're starting her early. She also loved the phone she received from her Uncle Kirt.
It wasn't until her last present that the freak out happened. Once she saw it was a Rapunzel doll, the shaking and whimpers began because Daddy could not open the box fast enough. It wasn't until both Rapunzel and Maximus where untied and in her arms that she let out the biggest smile. Way to go, Santa! You did well. 


**My family also got in on a big secret that Brian and I were dying to share. We found out on Christmas Eve, and had it confirmed on Christmas morning. Since we couldn't think of a better day to share such good news, we slipped this (clean, don't worry) into my mom's stocking. Surprise! 

Baby number 2 is due September 4, 2013 

0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP