Thinking Things

Monday, June 11, 2012

I have had a lot of time on my hands lately, allowing my mind to wander and ponder certain things.

Thinking back on the day Ava was born: she came three weeks early, three weeks! The start of it all was really a whirlwind. It was all new to me. I had been to the hospital before, but never as the patient. Do I dare to admit that while all this chaos was going on around me that I never for once thought about the possible complications that could come to my baby for being early? I never once worried about it. I'll just blame it on the craziness of the whole situation to ease my (now) guilty conscience.

She came out 7 pounds, 2 ounces. I have thought back and wondered if I just knew, in my heart of hearts, that there was nothing to worry about. Maybe the good Lord allowed me the peace of knowing that she was going to be just fine, and allowed me the peace that every parent hopes to feel in the event of the unknown. Maybe it was the fact that she came naturally. She was ready, and even though I didn't realize it at the time, I was ready too.

Little did I know what a rush would come over me the moment I did meet her. She has had my heart ever since. I had the crazy thought run through my head today that if all of my babies were like her, I'd take a dozen. (okay, not really)


0 little notes:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP